Friday, January 16, 2009

Dangerous Monkey and QB Talker

Ape Threat Level: Orange

Apparently there was a monkey loose earlier this week in Clearwater, Fla. Why is it upping the threat level you may ask? It likes to throw feces at people. Authorities say it is not dangerous, but we all know that it is. Stay posted my friends...

Moving on to my main thoughts today, the now bankrupt Star Tribune had a story earlier this week that interested me greatly. It's clear I love discussing who the next quarterback will be for the Minnesota Vikings, and I thought I would comment on some of the speculations....

Free Agents

Matt Cassel
Please, please, please, please, please, please be Cassel. I think this guy is the man. I jumped on his side from the very beginning when all others were hating. Granted, the Patriots didn't make it to the playoffs, but Cassel led them to an 11-5 record. Awesome! It is very few and far between that you don't get in with that many wins. Really. Granted, the franchise tag is probably going to be placed on him, but I'm all for paying him $14 million and giving up some first-round picks. We'd probably take some defensive ends that will never pan out anyway....

Kerry Collins
Not a bad guy. After all, he did lead the Titans through a pretty good season. He's going to want to be somewhere that he will be the starting quarterback. Could it be Minnesota? I wouldn't mind it. Downside is his age though. He's 36. On the other hand, the NFL is a win now league and he's playing fairl well right now.

Jeff Garcia
Pretty old for my taste at 39. He didn't really bring Tampa Bay Tampa Bay through the bind at the end of the season. It would be better than T-Jack, but I don't think that much better.

J.P. Losman
I don't even want to waste my time addressing this.

Kurt Warner
The leader of the gang busters! Man have the Cards come out gunning for people in the post-season. Falcons, DEAD!!! Panthers, DEAD!!! I like Warner. He's also old though. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the Cardinals want him to stick around for one more year. I would definitely take Warner though if he was available. This quarterback is pretty solid.

Trade Possibilities

Donovan McNabb
It's a well-known fact I don't like McNabb much. There's just something about him I can put my finger on. That being said, I would still take him at this point though. He is good enough to get the ball in the hands of the receivers and can make the big plays when needed. I think with McNabb being the field general with Purple Jesus being the first lieutenant, you would see defenses shaking in there jock straps. Definitely worth giving up a few picks to get this guy.

Matt Hasselbeck
Everybody was really thinking he was going to be coming here about a week ago. Well guess what, it's not going to happen. I'm going to agree with Paul Allen that new coach Mora out in Seattle would never give up the cornerstone of the team. Hasselbeck is staying in Seattle. I wouldn't mind him though. Granted he had a crappy year and was injured, but look what he had to work with. The 7th and 8th string receivers? Nobody can do anything with that. Once again, he would be an improvement of our current situation.

Sage Rosenfels
I'm luke-warm on this one at best. Not worth much in my mind. If we could get him on the cheap, do it.

Other Options

Derek Anderson
This guy is a wild card. I'm not really sure which way to feel about this. 2 years ago, awesome. This past year, crap. It's a roll of the dice I guess. If we can get him without giving up much, let's do it.

Brett Favre
NO!!!!! I don't want him. He looked like he was going to lead the Jets to the Super Bowl and then just stunk it up in the end. He's used up and worn out. I will never again draft him in fantasy football (hopefully there is not even that option) and I would be disappointed if he is on our team. Avoid it like the plague.

Well, those are my thoughts. Nothing probably to write home about, but we need a new QB. No ifs, ands or buts about it. It's gotta be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment