Thursday, January 8, 2009

Vikings Disappointment and Cassel Kool-Aid...

Ape Threat Level: Yellow. It’s always best to be prepared in case they strike.

Well, the Purple did it to me once again. My disappointment knows no bounds. That half-gallon of purple Kool-Aid was all for naught. It has taken me four days to even consider talking about it I am so distraught.

The Vikings went ahead and had quite the disappointing showing in their Wild Card Game against the Eagles. The Vikes ended up going 26-14. Damn. Thus I ended up as 0-2 on Vikings games that I was actually present for this season.

Breaking down the game though, it was actually quite entertaining until the fourth quarter which blatantly exposed the weakness of our team. Quarterback Tarvaris Jackson. To be honest though, he sunk our hope of winning well before the last six minutes of the game. As soon as he threw the interception returned for touchdown to Asante Samuel, you could feel that the Vikes were in serious trouble. Then, in the fourth quarter, Brian Westbrook and the screen happened (it was the most finely executed screen pass I have ever seen) and T-Jack never could bring us back.

At this point, we simply have to get a new quarterback. My vote is Matt Cassel of the New England Patriots. Yeah we would have to pay him a $14 million salary and two first round draft picks since it appears he is about to get a franchise tag. In my mind worth it. I’m already biting at the chops to get my Cassel purple jersey. It would probably look a little like this….





(11 is not Cassel's real number. It's 16. I couldn't do it otherwise though.)

Anyway, the guy is a stud. We need Cassel here because Jackson is not the answer. Back-up, sure. Starter, no! Believe me people, Cassel is how we should roll.

2 comments:

  1. You know why the Vikings lost, don't you? Because you showed up to the game. Way to lose it for us CASEY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. remove the c from cassel, so then you have assel
    had h as a prefix and back as a suffix
    what do you get?
    the viking's next quarterback (unfortunately)

    ReplyDelete