Thursday, February 19, 2009

Chimp Attacks Woman in Connecticut

Ape Threat Level: Red! A chimp attacked a Connecticut woman. This is cause for extreme concern. The only advantage we have right now is that the apes do not seem to be organized because there are currently no other reports of attacks.

Well, as I'm sure many of you have already read by now, a chimpanzee attacked a woman in Connecticut just a few days ago. If you haven't heard yet, you can read the story from CNN.

I find this to be very alarming. Personally, I thought we had a little more time to become prepared for the ape threat, but it seems as if it may be coming down upon the human race much sooner than I ever expected.

From all of the research I have been doing while tracking this story for the past several days, it appears as if the attack was completely unprovoked, although the owner said she had given the chimp some Xanax, an anti-anxiety drug, but she recanted the statement Wednesday.

The chimp also looks like it may have had some problems in the past.

Thankfully, the chimp was neutralized. That doesn't mean the threat has been eradicated though.

Looking at this story, if there is someone that I'm completely disappointed with, it's the owner. Teaching a chimp the ways of the human race will only help them defeat us. Not smart at all.

I'll keep an eye on this situation. I don't want this to end up happening to us...

No comments:

Post a Comment